How to Buy
Students may purchase Prism as a Student Subscription. We also offer course subscriptions.
Who qualifies as a student?
We offer student subscription licenses to all currently enrolled undergraduate and graduate students, as well as post doctoral fellows and medical residents.
What are the terms of the license?
You may use the license for one year, starting from the day of your purchase. Your license can be activated twice during the one year term. Your student license is exclusively for your personal use and may not be shared with anyone else.
Is the license specific to Windows or Mac computers?
No. Your subscription will come with serial numbers for both Windows and Mac.
What happens if I get a new computer?
If you get a new computer and have only activated your license once, you may use your second activation on your new computer. Write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your serial number and we will be happy to send you a new download link. Specify which installer (Windows or Mac) you need.
May I install my license on more than one computer at a time?
You can activate your student subscription license on two personal computers during the one year term. If you choose to activate on two computers immediately, this is allowed. However, once you have used both of your activations, you will not be able to install Prism again, not even if you replace one of the original computers.
If I no longer need to use Prism, may I transfer or resell my license to someone else?
No. A student subscription license is the exclusive personal property of the student who provided the ID at the time of purchase. No one else may use the license. It is not transferable, even to another student.
Will I receive a CD?
No. You will download your software. It is not possible to purchase a CD for a student subscription.
May I buy a perpetual student license?
No. Hopefully you won’t be a perpetual student, so we don’t offer perpetual student licenses.
May I use a purchase order, or request a proforma invoice and pay by bank transfer?
No. Student subscriptions must be purchased online with a Visa or MasterCard.
How much does it cost?US$100 per year.
How to order:
- Email or fax (US.858.454-4150) a copy of your student ID, or a letter from your advisor confirming your student status. If you choose to fax your ID, be sure to include your email address on your fax.
- Upon approval, we will send you a unique student code by email.
- Your email will contain a link to a special ordering page where you can enter your unique student code.
- Complete your purchase with your Visa or MasterCard.
- Download and activate your software. Please note that your subscription starts when you make your purchase and NOT when you first install your software. Do not make your purchase until you are ready to begin using Prism.
Offering Prism to your students to use as part of your course is more affordable than you might think. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.