KNOWLEDGEBASE - ARTICLE #1894
What's new in GraphPad Prism 6.04?
This page lists the changes in Prism Windows from 6.03 to 6.04 (released Jan 27, 2014). If you are updating from an earlier release, see what was new in 6.01 and 6.02 and 6.03.
This page is for Windows only. A seperate page lists what's new in 6.0e Mac.
- New script commands, WBlock and WTBlock. These commands let you specify a block of cells on any table to output to the text file specified in OpenOutput.
- Additional column of labels for multiple comparisons results of one-way ANOVA, so each comparison is labeled both by column names and also (new) column letters (i.e. "D-B").
- The "Show tooltips" preference now applies to graphs and layouts sheets as well as the toolbar and navigator.
- Ctrl+V now can be used to paste when renaming sheets in the gallery mode.
- Problems with error bars on log Y axes when you specified upward pointing error bars only. If it would have been impossible to plot a downward pointing error bar (because the bottom value would be negative, not allowed on a log axis) Prism wouldn't even plot the upward pointing error bar and would display an unhelpful gray floating note about it being impossible to plot error bars (because negative values can't be shown on log axis).
- Magic did not change the symbol type, size, and color correctly for column scatter graphs. Also Magic did not change the fonts of axis titles, when it was supposed to.
- If you duplicated huge families, then saved the file, Prism sometimes showed "Unable to open the file you are requested" when you tried to open it.
- Prism no longer freezes or crashes when it opens a file that inlcudes graphs that try to graph data sets that have been deleted.
- Using updated Windows XP, XY graphs that should show nonlinear regression curves would show axes but no data and no curves.
- Clearer labeling of hazard ratio in Survival analysis, with "A/B" and "B/A" labels in two places.
- Fixed bug where if the upper error bar doesn't get plotted, no more error bars were plotted.
- Fixed the problem when a lot of blank free space was left within a gallery after scrolling to its bottom.
- The results page name for correlation matrix now states whether the results are Pearson r or Spearman rs.
- Custom (additional) ticks replaced row titles, set as regular ticks.
- Prism 6 uses single precision to store results (but double precision to calculate them) and the seventh digit is not completely accurate. Before Prism would show one seventh digit and screen and export another. Now it is consistent.
- Message about clipped error bars came up incorrectly when the error bars are median and range or IQR.
- Replaced the floating note "The geometric mean cannot be graphed for #n# values, because they are zero or negative. " with "The geometric mean is undefined when any values are zero or negative, which is the case #n# times on this graph."
- Magic occasionally crashed when used to change many sheets at once.
- Fixed the problem when Prism's local help system could not be used due to the "index.htm?" in the url to the help page.
- Prism would freeze when you view the "XY Graph, Points" created by the Frequency distribution analysis (as relative frequency).
- A grouped graph's default axis range was wrong when the data table contained transposed pasted data.
- The graph type sometimes switched when opening a file made from a template created using previous version of Prism.
- Residual plots created by linear or nonlinear regression did not have the automatic dotted horizontal grid line at Y=0 if the analysis was run from the graph (as opposed to from the data table).
- Fixed updating of custom ticks hooked to an analysis constant after changing data analyzed and switching back to graph.
- Adjusted P values in One-Way ANOVA's multiple comparisons are now right justified like the other results.
- Improved the error message when you try to perfrom repeated measures ANOVA without enough data to "Prism can only perform repeated measures ANOVA when every subject has data at every time point."
- Fixed Japanese vertical writing font.
- Fixed the Format Point feature for data points if some data in data sets is missing.
- Pictures, imported to Prism's graph, could appear in the wrong position in exported layout.
- Fixed the problem when the prism.exe process was left hanging after it had been run from the command line using an incorrect script file as a parameter.
- Simulate XY data analysis was renamed after second re-applying changes in the parameters dialog.
- If your X values are a series, rather than values you entered and can edit, Prism is unable to use the feature on the Range tab to only fit data within a certain range of X values. The nonlinear regression results now show a floating note warning when you try to do that.
- If you cut an entire row, or part of a row, that contained a row title, the row title in the next row down was deleted as well.
- Fixed the floating note included with some Contingency results analyses to say "Calculation of 95% CI of the difference between proportions requires at least six subjects in each cell.". It incorrectly said "five" instead of "six".
Keywords: release notes