What's new in Prism 6.05?
This release fixes dozens of problems. Only the most important are listed below.
Graphing issues fixed:
- Downward pointing error bars on column graphs sometimes didn't show. Details.
- SD and SEM error bars on XY graphs with a logarithmic Y axis were not correctly shown. Error bars were fine on linear axes, but not when the Y axis was stretched to a log scale. This was only a problem with XY graphs. Grouped and Column graphs were fine. Calculations of SD in analyses were also fine. The problem is only with displaying error bars on XY graphs with a logarithmic Y axis.
- When exporting from Prism 6 Windows to EPS, black colors sometimes appear gray. Details.
- Duplicating graphs linked to empty data sets will crash Prism. Details.
- Prism gets confused (and won't let you save a file) when you embedded a table on a graph but then deleted the source data. Details.
- Fixed the Prism crash on pastingTIF image from PowerPoint 2007.
Minor calculation issues fixed:
- Cumulative frequency distribution analysis gave slightly inaccurate (in sixth or seventh digit) fractions or percentages with huge data sets (many thousand values).
- Nonlinear regression would crash Prism when fitting a curve with parameters shared, but the first data set is completely empty.
- When data were entered as Mean, n, and SEM or SD, or as single Y values without replicates or error values, main effects multiple comparisons tests after two-Way ANOVA were not performed.
- The option on the Range tab of nonlinear regression to ignore all data outside of specified range could not be used when the X values were a series (so the X column was shown as bold).
Other issues fixed
- After pasting large amounts of data onto a data table, the vertical scroll bar was not reset so it was not possible to scroll the bottom of the table (without visiting another sheet first).
- It was not always possible to scroll the graph gallery page to see all the graphs.
- Additional tick labels were not always aligned.
- Colors in exported EPS files can be wrong. Details.
- Other improvements to exporting to EPS.
Keywords: release note release notes