Explore our helpful guides for understanding key concepts in data analysis
A concise guide to doing statistical analyses with GraphPad Prism 8.
A guide to fitting curves (and lines) with GraphPad Prism 8.
Guided examples of common analyses to get you started.
Use our online calculators to run quick statistical tests.
Explore Our Guides
Statistics Guide Popular Topics
Curve Fitting Guide Popular Topics
- Principles of Simple Linear Regression
- How to Fit a Model with Nonlinear Regression in Prism
- Example: Interpolating Data from a Sigmoidal Standard Curve
- Multiple Regression with Prism
- Equation: Receptor Binding – One Site – Specific
- Equation: log(Agonist) vs. Response -- Variable Slope
- Understanding r2 in Linear Regression
- Browse Curve Fitting Guide
Run statistical analyses quickly and directly in your browser
Fisher's, Chi square, McNemar's, Sign test, CI of proportion, NNT (number needed to treat), kappa.
Descriptive statistics, detect outlier, t test, CI of mean / difference / ratio / SD, multiple comparisons tests, linear regression.
Calculate P from t, z, r, F or chi-square, or vice-versa. View Binomial, Poisson or Gaussian distribution. Correct a P value for multiple comparisons and Bayes.
Assign subjects to groups, simulate data.
Create and convert molar solutions, convert moles & grams, radioactivity calculations.
Explore the Knowledgebase
- What is the meaning of * or ** or *** in reports of statistical significance from Prism or InStat?
- What is the difference between ordinal, interval and ratio variables? Why should I care?
- What is the difference between correlation and linear regression?
- 50% of what? How exactly are IC50 and EC50 defined?
- Probability vs. Odds
- The distinction between confidence intervals, prediction intervals and tolerance intervals
- Choosing a Statistical Test
- What does it mean when some results have e in the number?
- Why use n-1 when calculating a standard deviation?
- What you can conclude when two error bars overlap (or don’t)
- How to report P values in journals
- Is it better to plot graphs with SD or SEM error bars? (Answer: Neither)
- How to create a 100% stacked column graph
- How do I transpose columns and rows of a Prism data table?
- Graph tip – How to put a gap (or gaps) in an axis
- Graph tip – How can I plot an odds ratio plot, also known as a Forest plot, or a meta-analysis plot?
- Understanding the ANOVA table (SS, df, MS, F) in two-way ANOVA
- How to compare two means when the groups have different standard deviations
- How can I determine an EC90 (or any EC value other than EC50)?